Friday, June 29, 2018

New challenge..

I had the opportunity to take a two day class with Igor Balbi a master goblet maker in Murano.
It was an intense but amazing experience to learn and understand some of the principles of making goblets.

It is an obvious conclusion that it takes a lot of practice to even make a basic goblet, but I am thrilled to manage at least something already!

I make these for my own pleasure at the moment, to challenge my glass work, but who knows maybe one day I will be able to sell them too :)






2 comments:

Ellen said...

I hope you never get tired of seeing me write this:

YOU AMAZE ME. I AM IN AWE.

I love the fact that you challenge yourself, my friend.
There are so many artists out there that continue to produce what they do best and I admire them as well but they don't vary like you do.

I'm proud to know ya, kid!

Astrid Riedel said...

I am happy that you always have a nice comment for me to look forward to :))))
Thanks Ellen :)